Starting an unscheduled meeting
UsingLast updated September 26, 2018
If outgoing calls have been enabled by your administrator, you can use the touchscreen to call a contact from the meeting room. On the touchscreen, you can dial numbers or enter an alphanumeric address to call contacts, look up contacts in directories, and view recent callers to quickly locate someone to call them back.
Your administrator has either configured the Windows 10 or Skype for Business interface on your touchscreen. This topic provides information for both interfaces.
On the touchscreen, you can use the numeric keypad to dial a number or if available, you can quickly tap contacts on the home screen.
On the Windows 10 interface, your administrator may have configured speed dial tiles on the home screen. For example:
On the Skype for Business interface, contacts that have been added as favorites in the Skype for Business application are displayed on the left-hand side of the home screen. For example:
On the Windows 10 interface tap make a call, or on the Skype for Business interface tap contacts to view more calling options:
- Tap dial to call a contact with an address that includes letters or numbers and symbols(a URI.) Tap the keyboard symbol and enter an address in the enter uri field:
- In the recent calls list, you can tap a contact to return their call. To clear the list, tap clear then clear all to confirm.
- Tap company directory to search for contacts in your organization. You can use a question mark as a wildcard to replace characters that are not available on the touchscreen keyboard (that is, non-ASCII characters). For example, you can find Stanisław Łukasiński by typing ?ukasi?ski.
On the Windows 10 interface, the meetings tab displays a list of scheduled meetings for the day. For more information about joining scheduled meetings, see Scheduling and joining a meeting.
On the Skype for Business interface, you can also:
- Tap personal contacts to view and search for all Skype for Business contacts that have been added to the room account
- Tap favorites or tap a contact tile on the left side of the screen to call contacts that have been added to the favorites group in Skype for Business