The Settings page allows you to configure options for the meeting room, such as display settings, audio, video, Skype for Business and Teams credentials, and Touch panel options. From here, you can:
- Set the language and time zone displayed on the Touch
- Configure room display options
- Configure call options
- Change the Teamline firmware version
- Enter Skype for Business details
- Enable Teams connectivity
- Configure audio settings for the Teamline 5250 system
- Configure camera resolution and add presets
- Configure video input for the Teamline 5250 system
- Configure touchscreen UI settings and functionality
- Configure Exchange settings
- Configure Quality of Service settings
- Enable certificates for the room
- Enable WiFi for content sharing in meetings
Select a language from the Language list to change the language presented on the Touch. To change the timezone displayed on the touchscreen, select a time zone from the Time Zone list.
The room display does not go into standby if an active presentation source is connected to the Teamline system, and will come out of standby mode for active calls. The camera will remain in standby, even if an active presentation source is connected.
TV Standby Timeout stops sending video from the Teamline system to the room display(s). If the room is not in a call and there is no content source connected, the room display will go into standby after five minutes of inactivity. If Disabled is selected, the standby screen is sent to the room display(s). TV Standby mode can be set to Black or DPMS Sleep to turn outputs off then back on when it goes off standby.
AV Standby Timeout moves the camera into privacy position and mutes the microphone after a period of inactivity. If the 1 minute option is selected and the Teamline system is not in a call, the camera will go into standby mode after one minute of inactivity. Select Disabled to prevent the camera from going into standby mode.
Self view displays the video from the meeting room camera to the room display in a small picture-in-picture (PiP) overlay. Self view can be set to Always on or it can be configured to Disappear after 15 seconds.
The default Conference Layout for the meeting room can be set to Gallery View to show a maximum of five participants in a strip across the room display or Speaker View to show the current speaker only.
You can determine whether or not participants can make and receive calls in the room using the touchscreen, and how incoming calls are answered. Click Touch Panel and select Disable outgoing calls to prevent point-to-point outgoing calls and/or select Disable incoming calls to prevent point-to-point incoming calls. To allow outgoing and incoming calls, ensure these options are unchecked. Click Disable recent calls to hide the list of recent calls on the Touch.
You can specify if the Teamline system uses Teams or Skype for Business for outgoing calls. To do this, click General and select an option in the Outgoing calls area. For more information about enabling Teams, see Enabling Teams connectivity and for Skype, see Entering Skype for Business and Exchange settings.
To use MultiJoin, ensure that Skype for Business is enabled for outgoing calls.
If incoming calls are enabled for the touchscreen, they can be answered automatically within a few seconds. Click General and select Enable auto answer to automatically answer incoming calls. Use the slider to specify the length of time before calls are automatically answered. Additionally, click Mute on auto answer to mute the microphone in the room when calls are automatically answered.
To change the firmware version for the Teamline system, click Firmware. Select the firmware version from the drop-down list, click Perform upgrade now, then click Upgrade now. To update the firmware at a specific date and time, click Schedule upgrade and select the timezone the upgrade will begin, the date, and time. Click Schedule upgrade.
Click Skype to enter the credentials used to sign into the Skype for Business account:
- The Skype for Business Sign-In Address for the account that will be associated with the Teamline system
- The Skype for Business Username associated with the sign-in address, if applicable
- The Password for the sign-in address
- Automatic Connection Settings to use these connection settings to connect automatically where possible. If this setting is disabled, enter the Internal Server Name and External Server Name.
In the Advanced Settings area, you can Disable video-based screen-sharing. Video-based Screen Sharing (VbSS) is used to share content in Skype for Business meetings. If this option is selected, content is shared using remote desktop protocol (RDP.)
Teamline supports Microsoft Teams incoming and outgoing calls, and Teams meetings can be joined from the Touch in the meeting room. Log in is supported using Azure AD and federated log in using ADFS.
For this release, to enable Teams connectivity to your Teamline system:
- In the Microsoft Teams admin center, enable Islands coexistence mode for the room account.
- In the Rooms page in Maestro, select the appropriate room. Ensure you are running Teamline firmware version 1.4.1 or later and that the Teamline system is signed in to Skype for Business.
- Click Settings then Teams and enter the email address and password for the room account.
- Click General and select Teams from the Outgoing calls options.
- Click Update to save all changes.
- The Teamline system must be signed in to Skype for Business
- In Maestro, outgoing calls must be set to Teams to call other Teams contacts
- The directory on the Touch uses the Skype for Business call directory, not the Teams directory
- The Teams account sign in status is not displayed on the Touch
- In this release, the following features are not supported on the Touch:
- Adding participants to a call
- Sharing content into a call
- Removing participants from a meeting
- Muting and unmuting participants
You can perform these tasks using the Teams app on a laptop connected to the meeting.
Click Audio to configure audio settings for the Teamline system.
If you are using a Teamline 5250 system, additional audio settings are available in the Audio tab:
- To enable a StarLeaf microphone, select StarLeaf XLR microphone. Phantom power is automatically enabled for StarLeaf microphones.
- To enable a third-party XLR microphone, select Third-party XLR microphone. You can select Enable Phantom Power and Enable Echo Cancellation, and adjust the XLR gain using the slider.
- To enable a microphone or a microphone mixer to the line-in connector, select Line-InEnable Echo Cancellation if needed
For all microphones, you can adjust the Line-In Gain level using the slider. In the Output area, select an output device from the list. To override the default audio output level, select Line-Out (Consumer) and adjust the Consumer Line-Out Gain using the slider.
Click Allow muting speakers to enable speaker and ringer muting. By default, when the volume on the Touch is at the lowest setting, the speakers and ringer are still audible. This setting switches all sound off when the volume is adjusted to the lowest setting.
Click Video to select the camera resolution. From the Camera Mode list, select one of the following resolutions that is available for your camera model:
If presets are available for your camera, you can add up to five presets in Maestro. Camera presets are predefined camera positions, for example, to point the camera at a whiteboard or change to a wide-angled view. Users in the room can select a preset on the touchscreen, and can swap between presets at any time.
To add a camera preset:
- On the Touch, tap the camera control tab and move the camera to the required position.
- In Maestro, click Rooms and select the relevant meeting room.
- Click Settings then Video.
- Select Enable Camera Presets and enter a name in the Add preset name field.
- Click Add Preset.
The preset is now available on the Touch. To arrange the order of presets, click and drag the preset to another position. To delete a preset, click x next to the preset.
Click Video and use the Video Inputs options to configure up to three video input sources for the Teamline 5250 system. These icons and labels can be used in combination with customized presentation text on the touchscreen. For more information about the presentation help panel, see Configuring presentation help.
Click Touch Panel to configure UI settings and functionality for the touchscreen.
The touchscreen dims between the hours of 7:00 pm and 7:00 am in the meeting room’s local time zone. When the touchscreen is dimmed, a screensaver displays the current time. Tap the screen to switch the backlight on. The touchscreen will not dim again until one hour after it is touched. This setting is not configurable.
To prevent users from making changes to the touchscreen, select Lock Touch Panel and enter a 4-digit PIN. This PIN will be required to make changes in the settings page on the touchscreen.
Select Enable ECAPI to use the Teamline API. The ECAPI key is automatically entered; this is a 32-character key specific to the Teamline system. For more information about using the API, see Introduction to endpoint control.
See Configuring call options for more information.
Click Touch Panel and use the presentation help options to enable a presentation help panel on the touchscreen to provide users with information about connecting presentation sources. Click Show as tile to display presentation help as a tile on the homescreen or Show as tab to display presentation help as a tab on the right-hand side of the screen.
If Override presentation help is selected, you can customize the text displayed in the presentation help panel. To add presentation help text, enter up to five text strings (a heading and a list of bullet points) in the Presentation Help Text fields. On Teamline 5250 systems, you can also add icons and labels for the video inputs in the presentation help panel. For example:
For more information about adding icons and labels, see Configuring video input on the Teamline 5250 system.
Click Touch Panel and use the Speed Dials area to add up to six speed dial contacts on the touchscreen. To create a speed dial contact, click Add Speed Dial, select an icon, enter the URi, and enter a name for the speed dial tile. The contacts are displayed on the home screen. For example:
Speed dial contacts on the touchscreen are not created by adding favorites or group contacts in the Skype for Business client.
Click Exchange to configure the options for your Exchange server:
- Select Copy Skype For Business Credentials if your credentials for Exchange and Skype for Business are the same. Otherwise, uncheck this option to specify the Email address, Username, and Password of the Exchange account
- Select Enable Autodiscovery to automatically retrieve your Exchange server settings. Otherwise, uncheck this option to enter the Exchange Web Services (EWS) address in the EWS URL field
If you have Quality of Service (QoS) configured on your network, click QoS to configure the Teamline system with the relevant settings. In the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) area, select a value from the drop-down list for audio, video, any other media, signaling, and other sources. For traffic shaping, enable Rate Limit Data to select a maximum rate limit using the slider.
Click Certificates to select one or more certificates that can be used for the meeting room.
Click WiFi then Enable WiFi to allow participants to share content in meetings using wireless connections (such as Miracast) with the Teamline system.
In the Miracast Name field, enter the name that will be displayed when users search the list of available wireless devices in the room. It is recommended that you use a name that helps users easily identify the Teamline system for this meeting room.
From the WiFi Channel options, select a channel.
Some applications and settings may prevent Miracast connectivity such as VPN software, group policy settings, firewall settings, third-party antivirus products, and third-party virtualization software. For more information about troubleshooting Miracast on Windows 10, go to the Microsoft Support Site at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012820