Before you can use the Teamline system, you must pair it with the Touch then connect the system to the Maestro management platform.
To pair the Teamline system with the Touch:
- Connect the Touch to a Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled port.
- On the touchscreen, double-tap the screen then tap networking.
- By default, the Teamline system uses DHCP to acquire an IP address. If required, you can configure the system with a static IP address. To do this, toggle DHCP off and tap to enter the IP address, netmask, and gateway addresses.
- Ensure auto-discovery is enabled.
If the address entered is invalid, you are not notified on the Touch. Ensure you enter the correct details.
The touchscreen will attempt to establish a connection to the Teamline system using IPv6 before the system will establish a connection to the LAN (IPv4). Both the Touch and the Teamline system must be on the same VLAN. In most cases, the VLAN and subnet are the same. You can pair the Touch and Teamline system across different physical switches as long as they are both on the same VLAN.
Once the Touch and Teamline system are paired successfully, the Touch sends the network settings (DHCP or static) to the Teamline system. The Teamline system establishes an IPv4 address and connection to the corporate LAN. If the Teamline system cannot establish a connection to the corporate LAN, a failure message is displayed. In this case, the Touch and Teamline system are still paired.
To connect the Teamline system to Maestro:
- Tap the Touch twice, then tap networking to view the IP address of the Teamline system.
- In a browser, enter this IP address in the address bar. The configuration web interface is displayed:
- In a new browser tab, log in to the Maestro site. If you haven’t created a new room for your Teamline system, see Adding rooms.
- In the Maestro Rooms page, select the meeting room to view the Quick-Connect Code. Enter this code in the Teamline configuration web page.
- Select Hosted if your system is managed by Teamline. Select On-premise if you are using a local version of Maestro that has been installed by Teamline on your local network.
- Click OK then click Save changes.
In the Status area, a Connected to Maestro message is displayed.
Optionally, you can use the web interface to configure a proxy server:
- If there is a proxy server for your deployment, select Configure proxy server.
- Select Automatically detect settings or Manual configuration.
- If you are using a setup script to configure the proxy server, enter the location of the script in the Configuration script address field.
- If the proxy server requires a user name and password, enter the details in the Username and Passsword fields.
To change the Teamline system configuration:
- In the Maestro Rooms page, select the relevant room.
- In the Overview page, copy the password displayed under the UNLOCK PASSWORD heading.
- In the Teamline configuration web interface, paste the password in the Unlock field.
- Click Unlock.